Celebrate National Coffee Day (ALL. DAY. LONG.)
September 29th is National Coffee Day. A holiday centered around those wonderfully caffeinated beans that we brew to our pleasure and enjoyment. New favorite holiday? Yes, please!
If you’re obsessed with coffee as much as we are, you see National Coffee Day as a day to truly be celebrated. This year, we wanted to give you all the resources necessary to ensure coffee is integrated to every part of your day (or at least most of it).
Try all of these or just one. Cook them now. Save them for later. Treat your coffee lover with something special. Enjoy!
Nothing is better than starting the day with a hot cup of joe on a cool late-September morning. Find the perfect beans to brew for your taste below. What type of hot coffee drinker are you?
- The Classic Drinker --> Columbian House Roast
- The Fall Everything Drinker --> Pumpkin Spice
- The LBI Nostalgic Drinker --> LBI Blend
- The Needs More Caffeine Drinker --> Rocket Fuel
- The Adventurous Drinker --> Tanzanian Peaberry
- The Variety Drinker --> Feature Flavor of the Month
Kicking it up a notch, this one is for those who need just a little more energy before they are off for the day - Cold Brew Overnight Oats!
(if you’re local to our Surf City location, you can pick up some of our in-house Cold Brew the day before to make this recipe)
Here’s what you need:
- ½ Cup - Rolled oats regular or gluten free
- 2 Tbsp - Cold brewed coffee
- ½ Cup - Milk of choice
- 1 Tsp - Vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tsp - Vanilla almond butter or vanilla yogurt
- 2 Tsp - Pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 Tsp - Chia seeds
- Dash of sea salt, cinnamon and chocolate chips to top
- Add all ingredients to a sealable bowl or jar
- Stir well to combine and cover in the refrigerator overnight
- Serve hot or cold in the morning, add toppings
Lunch is always a great time to enjoy a light and healthy salad, and sometimes the best part of the salad is the dressing. Here we introduce the Coffee-Balsamic Drizzle to elevate your go-to salad mix.
Simply bring a saucepan over low heat and cook for 6-8 minutes:
- 2 Tbsp - Brewed coffee
- 2 Tbsp - Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp - Maple syrup until syrupy
Then, remove from heat, let cool and stir in 1 Tsp of Lemon juice and drizzle over your salad creation. Voila!
We get it. The day has been busy and now all you need is a quick pick-me-up to keep going. Look no further than a classic iced coffee!
Simply pour a cup of fresh brewed, extra-strength coffee over ice (add more ice if it melts quickly), add a sweetener of choice along with a splash of milk of choice. Or just drink it black. It’s never too cold outside to enjoy a nice cup of iced coffee!
End the day with a meal of champions - Steak Dinner. Okay, but with coffee? YES, thanks to our friend over at @common_mans_kitchen!
Enjoy this easy to make, Coffee-Crusted Beef (originally done with Filet Mignon cut). Here is the recipe for the coffee rub:
- ½ Cup - Fresh ground coffee
- 1 Tbsp – Garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp – Cracked black pepper
- 1 Tbsp – Course salt
- 1 Clove, grated – Fresh garlic
- ¼ Cup, grated – Sweet onion
- ¼ Cup – Cooking oil
- Mix rub all together
- Smother meat cut
- Grill to preference
- Serve with a side of your favorite roasted vegetables!
This would have been a missed opportunity to highlight the famous Affogato! An easy, effortless dessert with maximum reward. This Italian delicacy is a crowd-pleaser.
Simply grab two scoops of your favorite ice cream (classically made with vanilla bean) and pour a shot of espresso right on top. That’s it!
Don’t have espresso beans? Find ours here.
(Make sure you have the right tools to brew espresso before purchasing)
Decompress with Decaf
Whew! The day is now over and you have a few moments to yourself before bed. What better way to end the day the way you started? Calm your nervous system with a hot cup of joe, but without the caffeine this time.
Explore all of our Decaf Coffee selections here.